Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the bucolic town of Washington, Virginia is the heart of a vibrant arts community. Each year, the town hosts an indie film festival like no other. The Film Festival at Little Washington is about more than what happens on the screen. Here we acknowledge the power of the movies to not only entertain but also t o provoke, inspire, and enlighten. The art of filmmaking is the beginning of a conversation that challenges us to think bigger and experience the world around us.
We are the ONLY film festival in VA that features VA films and filmmakers. We support our local filmmakers by providing host hosting and subsidizing travel.
- Featuring both International and Domestic films
- Over 175 films submitted for screening
- Special programming focus for Virginia films and filmmakers, Youth Hour (K-12) and Student (graduate and post-graduate)
Pre-festival and festival events include:
- Sponsor Appreciation Dinners and receptions
- Local filmmaker event with private screening
- Movie trivia night at Griffin Tavern
- Filmmaker Meet and Greets
- Filmmaker workshops
- Roundtable discussion with industry leaders
Our mission: Support filmmakers, of all ages, through education and collaboration in a bucolic setting that fosters creativity and inspiration.
We are an all-volunteer, non-profit film festival with net proceeds going back into the arts community in the form of Claudia Mitchell grants.
The Film Festival At Little Washington is a presented by the Rappahannock Association for Arts and Community (RAAC) www.RAAC.org
Festival contact info:
Theresa Wood, Festival Director